Jello shots are a staple at college parties, but these elegant Champagne jello shots are pretty enough for brunch.
Champagne Strawberry Jello Shots Ingredients
|Serving: 7 – 10 molds|
|3 tablespoons or 3 envelopes of unflavored gelatin powder|
|2 cups cold water|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 1/2 cups cold champagne|
|1 1/2 cups cold ginger ale|
|1 cup sliced fresh strawberries|
How to make a Champagne Strawberry Jello Shots
- In a saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin evenly over the cold water and allow the gelatin to absorb the water for 2 minutes.
- Bring the water with the gelatin powder to a boil over high heat while stirring until the gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, and transfer the gelatin mixture to a bowl, add the sugar, and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in the champagne and ginger ale.
- Refrigerate until thickened, but still partially liquid.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Spoon into 7 to 10 individual molds.
- The smaller the mold the firmer the jello will be, metal molds make firmer jello than glass molds.
- Refrigerate until firm, to unmold, run a knife around the top of the jello and put it in a bath of warm water for 10 – 20 seconds.
- Flip it over and shake it or give it a light pat.