Follow the cocktail recipe below to make a delicious Egg Nog #3, typically served in a Punch Bowl.
|6 large eggs|
|1 cup powdered sugar|
|750 ml dark rum or bourbon|
|4 cups whipping cream|
|1/2 cup peach or apricot brandy|
|Freshly ground nutmeg|
Preparation: How to make an Egg Nog #3
- Separate eggs and refrigerate the whites.
- Beat egg yolks until light in color.
- Gradually beat in sugar, then slowly beat in 1 cup of rum (or bourbon).
- Let stand covered for at least 1 hr.
- Add rest of liquor, cream, and peach brandy, beating constantly.
- Refrigerate covered for 3 hours.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, fold in.
- Serve individually by scooping eggnog into a glass, and sprinkle nutmeg on top.
- Serve for a group by pouring all of eggnog into a punch bowl or another medium sized bowl, and sprinkle nutmeg on top.