Follow the cocktail recipe below to make a delicious Egg Nog #4, typically served in a Punch Bowl.
|1/4 cup sugar|
|2 cups milk|
|1/2 cup light rum|
|1/2 cup bourbon|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|1/4 tsp salt|
|1 cup whipped cream|
Preparation: How to make an Egg Nog #4
- Separate eggs.
- In a small mixer bowl beat egg yolks till blended.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating at high speed till thick and lemon colored.
- Stir in milk, stir in rum, bourbon, vanilla, and salt.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Whip cream (wash beaters well).
- In a large mixer bowl beat egg whites till soft peaks form.
- Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating to stiff peaks.
- Fold yolk mixture and whipped cream into egg whites.
- Serve individually by scooping eggnog into a glass, and sprinkle nutmeg on top.
- Serve for a group by pouring entire eggnog contents into a punch bowl or another big bowl, and sprinkle nutmeg on top.
- NOTE: For a non-alcoholic eggnog, prepare eggnog as above, except omit the bourbon and rum and increase the milk to 3 cups.