Follow the cocktail recipe below to make a delicious Eggnog, typically served in a Punch Bowl.
|1 cup sugar|
|1 cup bourbon|
|1 cup cognac|
|0.5 tsp salt|
|3 pints heavy cream|
|0.5 tsp nutmeg|
Preparation: How to make an Eggnog
- Separate the eggs. In an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until thick and lemon colored.
- Slowly add the bourbon and cognac, while beating at slow speed.
- Chill several hours.
- Add the salt to the egg whites and beat until almost stiff, or until the beaten whites form a peak that bends slightly.
- Whip the cream until stiff.
- Fold the whipped cream into the yolk mixture, then fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Chill one hour.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the top with freshly grated nutmeg.