I’m a bit of an evangelist when it comes to homemade cocktail cherries. They’re far, far superior to those red things that come in jars.
Text reprinted with permission, c/o Fair Winds Press, an imprint of Quarto Publishing Group.
|1 bottle (750 ml) of bourbon whiskey|
|8 grams of decarbed cannabis|
|2 pounds (910 g) pitted fresh cherries|
Preparation: How to make a Greenish Cocktail Cherries
- Infuse the whiskey with the cannabis following the instructions on page 34.
- Place the pitted cherries in a large mason jar, then cover with the infused whiskey.
- Store the jar in a cool, dark place, such as a cellar or refrigerator, for 1 month, shaking the jar daily.
- Don’t be afraid to store these outside the fridge at cellar temperature: nothing bad will happen if you do.
- Use as called for in cocktails and mocktails.