That’s right, this isn’t just an Avocado Margarita, it’s an Avocado Margarita with a kick. A little bit of ancho chile gives this baby some spice, like heavenly, boozy guacamole.
|1/4 tsp ancho chile powder|
|1 California avocado|
|3 sprigs cilantro|
|4 wedges lime|
|2 tsp agave nectar|
|3 oz lime juice|
|1.5 tbsp sea salt|
|1.5 cups Ice|
|4 oz tequila|
|2 oz triple sec|
Preparation: How to make a Kicked-Up Avocado Margarita
- On a plate, mix together the salt and chili pepper.
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of each Margarita glass and turn each glass upside down into salt mixture. Turn the glass until the rim is completely coated.
- In a blender, combine the avocado, crushed ice, agave nectar, tequila, triple sec and cilantro sprigs. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the Margarita into the two prepared glasses.
- Garnish the rims of the glasses with lime wedges and serve.