Feeling like you may be coming down with something? Fighting off what your office mates have? This is the cocktail for you.
|Thumb sized piece of ginger|
|Juice of one lime|
|Pinch or two of fresh or frozen kale|
|Simple syrup or honey|
|1/2 shot whiskey (or more if you like)|
|1/2 shot triple sec/orange liqueur|
Preparation: How to make a Magic Green Toddy
- Peel the ginger and slice a long thin slice off for later
- Throw the remaining ginger, lime juice, syrup/honey and kale into the blender with a couple tablespoons of warm water and blend until liquified
- Pour into a mug - if you are fussy about pulp of any kind you can pour through a sieve, but I like maximum ginger ingestion.
- Add whiskey and triple sec
- Fill with hot water
- Garnish with a lime slice and the slice of ginger
- Sip and smile knowing you are getting healthier with each drop of goodness.