|1 gallon of best quality apple cider|
|64 oz natural cranberry juice|
|2 oranges (each poked with 10 whole cloves to release the orange essence)|
|4 tsp cloves (whole)|
|4 tsp allspice (whole)|
|1.5 bottles Montanya Oro rum|
|15 cinnamon sticks|
|4 tsp Angostura bitters|
Preparation: How to make a Montanya Wassail
- Combine the apple cider and cranberry juice in a large covered pot, and heat to boiling.
- While that's heating, slice the oranges (to be used as garnishes later)
- Once the juices are boiling, reduce heat to low, add the cloves, allspice, cinnamon sticks, Montanya Oro rum, and bitters and allow to mull—covered so not to release/evaporate the alcohol—for 2-3 hours.
- When done mulling, remove the cinnamon sticks from the mixture.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, ladle into mugs, garnish each with a cinnamon stick and an orange slice, and serve.