Rum Punch can refer to pretty much any recipe that includes rum, citrus, sugar, occasionally bitters and tropical fruits, and is served in a punch bowl. As such, there's no "true" Rum Punch recipe, but this one is simple to make and will be a fan-favorite at your next party. This recipe makes about 12-15 drinks, depending on the size of cups you use (we recommend small ones, 8 oz or less), so you'll need to scale it up for a larger gathering.
Rum Punch Ingredients
|750 ml (one bottle) light rum|
|750 ml (one bottle) dark rum|
|24 oz fresh lime juice|
|8 oz pineapple juice|
|8 oz rich simple syrup (2:1)|
|A few dozen bruised mint leaves for garnish|
How to make a Rum Punch
- Fill a medium bowl (plastic, or something else that won't explode in the freezer) with water and freeze.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir well.
- Refrigerate the punch until ready to serve.
- About 30 minutes before serving, remove the ice from the bowl and place in a large punch bowl.
- Pour the mixed punch into the punch bowl and garnish with mint.
- Serve in 8 oz cups with plenty of ice.