Follow the cocktail recipe below to make a delicious Wassail, typically served in an Irish Coffee Mug.
|1 gallon apple juice (or cider)|
|1 tblsp cloves|
|1 tblsp allspice|
|2 sticks cinnamon|
|1 qt water|
|1 cup sugar|
How to make a Wassail
- Heat the water to boiling.
- Cut the lemons and oranges (and lime if using) in half and squeeze the juice into a separate bowl to save, throw the skins and pulp into the boiling water.
- Add spices and simmer for one hour.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and a few cloves and allspice and save to one side.
- Using a slotted spoon or strainer remove the citrus peels and pulp and the remaining spices.
- Return the cinnamon sticks and saved spices to the water.
- Add the apple juice or cider and return to heat.
- When boiling remove from heat and add the citrus juice and sugar.
- Simmer very lightly for another 10 minutes and serve. Delicious!