- A spirit distilled from fruit that does not fall into any other category of brandy. An eau-de-vie can be distilled from grapes, as in the case of American brandies, or from other fruits, as in the case of apple and pear brandies. The definition of eau-de-vie is a bit vague, and differs from country to country.
May also be written as: eau de vie
French, meaning “water of life.”
- List of eau-de-vie products
- Copper & Kings American Craft Brandy
- Clear Creek Reserve Apple Brandy
- Ventura Spirits Opuntia, an eau-de-vie distilled from prickly pear cactus fruit